Thursday, July 16, 2009

Steampunk Fairy Tales - Part III of III

Here's the final post of 'steampunk-ing' fairy tales illustrations I've been showing you this week. You can find Part I, posted 7/12/09, HERE (with introduction) and Part II, posted 7/14/09, HERE.

Again, you can click on the images to see a larger version (highly recommended), while the links to the artists are in the title and name above each piece.

SLEEPING BEAUTY by ANTONIO CAPARO

THE PRINCESS AND THE NIGHTINGALE by MAURICIO DAL FABBRO
(after The Emperor & the Nightingale)

STROMBOLI'S CATCH by LIOR ARDITI

CHESHIRE ADVICE by ERIC CLAEYS

I'm including one more which, while not rendered in the same fashion as the others, still has real charm and explores an interesting concept for "The Little Match Girl" (you'll see what I mean when you click on the pic to have a closer look).

THE LIL' LAMP GIRL by MAX ARKES

That concludes my pick of steampunk fairy tale illustrations on the web to date. I do hope to see more artists exploring fairy tales this way in future. If I find any you can be sure I'll post them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment