Saturday, December 12, 2009

Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister - Screen Adaptation

I missed "Confessions Of An Ugly Stepsister" when it was shown on TV (based on the book of the same name, by Gregory Maguire, which is a retelling of Cinderella) by only a couple of hours and have had it in my TiVo 'watch-list' ever since. It's never aired again, as far as I know and I've only seen dubious looking DVDs available (see the 'cover' above). I can't believe they haven't officially released this mini-series as I often hear requests for it. (Probably mired down in a copyright issue.) What I didn't realize is that some kind person put it on YouTube a while back for us all to see. (Yay! And thank you to them!)

It's in 9 parts and I'm trying something different. I made a playlist and am attempting to embed it below (so it will automatically play through the parts in order without you having to find and click the next one). I hope it works! (You should see arrows at the sides of the YouTube frame to navigate back and forth between the parts.) Oh - and you may want to click that 'full screen' button too. :)

Enjoy!

Here's the cover of the book the movie is based on. You can find more information on it by clicking the image.

2 comments:

  1. aaaaawww i saw that TV movie many years a go!! its a nice story, different but in the end very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm very intrigued by this, but not sure I want to see it before I read the book! On the other hand, reading the book often ruins the movie, while watching the movie first there's still usually a lot to discover in the book...

    ReplyDelete