Sunday, June 17, 2012

Brave Father's Day Tribute/Promo

I couldn't resist posting this, even though it wasn't officially in my way-too-long "must post" list until a minute ago...

One of the things I'm loving about this new fairy tale is the portrayal of the family: it's intact! Although it's about a mother and daughter and their push-pull relationship, here there's a father too and neither parent appears to be distant/absent. In fact the family dynamic and their individual relationships with Princess Merida are central to what the story is all about. I'm really liking this aspect.

Is it weird to remark, though, that this portrayal of Merida's dad is exactly the kind of mother I would like to be to my son? (Except maybe a couple of hundred sizes smaller?)  ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment