Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ask Baba Yaga: Why Do I Keep Getting Drunk on Weeknights?

Baba Yaga by *AppleSin
The Baba speaks! 

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)
My favorite responses so far:
  • Oh man, I definitely need to keep my feareye on the fire. Is it weird that this answer made a lot of sense to me? (iceberg)
  • "ask me the real question when you see it peering" OMG :O (TARDIStime)
  • Seriously, this one is completely relevant to my life, and each time I reread it, it is more so. But when will I see the real question? Will I see it with my feareye or my regular eye? (And the tags! #this is a good question #tell me more about my feareye) (fondue with cheddar)
  • LW, I think the fact that you don't drink on the weekends suggests that one of your coworkers may have put a hex on you. Try daubing some goat blood on a copy of your company's HR manual and nailing it to the wall of your cubicle. (rfpgh)
Hmm. At least I'm less confused now... (and I want to know more about my feareye too!)

What do you think of Baba Yaga's words?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment