Saturday, August 31, 2013

Ask Baba Yaga: I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Baba Jaga by ~iphigen
This week is AWESOME! (Like pretty much every other week has been, but for a fairy tale person, it may be even more so this week...)

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

The discussion among commenters are my top picks this week:
  • Such great advice! Uncanny! (adorable-eggplant)
  • Out-tricksied! (insert heart here) (fabel)
  • I feel I would try so much harder to follow advice that was given cryptically. Straightforward advice, all lies. THAT's the problem. Clearly. (Linette)
  • @Linette yes! another point for oracles over advice columnists. (harebell)
I think Linette is on to something! Gosh I love this one: thorned and starving paths, enchanted balls of yarn taking them to SECRET GRAVEYARDS. Yes! Clearly I need to lead my other self down other paths than the garden one. I think I have been too nice to date. :/ (Thanks Baba!)

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment