Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Addition to Annie Leibovitz's Disney Dream Portrait Series: Jessica Chastain as Merida

You knew it was only a matter of time but there have been so many excellent cosplays of Merida since Brave hit the big screen that Ms. Leibovitz actually has quite a challenge on her hands to top them!

ET released a behind the scenes video on Wednesday afternoon:
Jessica Chastain isn't quite who I would have chosen since she looks far more fragile to me than Merida should but I have no doubt the results will looks stunning no matter what. We should see the photo some time today...

In the meantime, here are some of my favorite cosplay pics for Merida. Yes, there are a lot  - and I applaud the creativity and attention to detail of each girl (and team) that put these images together - it's kind of wonderful - and since I can't think of a time when I might show these again I'm putting them all here. Enjoy:
Aeriat
Shua-cosplay
Ida Sofie aka. Starbit Cosplay
Monique Duke
Monique Duke

Shua-cosplay
Pugoffka
GreatQueenLina
Re-Aska
AlexanderNVIDIA
shua-cosplay
Re-Aska
MikiLavi
MikiLavi
MikiLavi
AlexanderNVIDIA
Tathariel Creations

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to tell you that your nr.3 Unknown is my friend Ida Sofie aka. Starbit Cosplay https://www.facebook.com/StarbitCosplay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! Thanks for the feature! I wish I had known about it sooner! Let people know when you feature them... it's a nice little boost to the artist's fragile ego ;)

    ReplyDelete