|Graphic by Gypsy using Dore's illustrations & Debbie's vintage dust jacket project from Confessions of a Plate Addict|
(text is the opening lines of Le Chat Botté)
I got tagged by Kristin from Tales of Faerie, so now it's my turn:
- You get annoyed that googling "fairy tale" leads to sports stories at least half the time
- You feel over saturated by Disney stuff/content and yet you have to read it/check it out just in case...
- Any time you have to buy shoes you get very self conscious that someone will think, that you think, that you're really a princess
- You have always owned, and will always own, a red hoodie
- ... and feel a little bit self conscious/rebellious every time you wear it.
- You find ways to relate every conversation to fairy tales
- You're pretty sure you wouldn't be too surprised if an animal came right out and spoke to you
- You have multiple copies of Grimm's, Andersen's & Perrault's tales but cannot get rid of a single volume
- You have a dream to own the complete AT index one day
- You always have the urge to add a witch when making gingerbread houses
- ... and feel guilty eating gingerbread men.
- Your TBR pile is actually a mountain
- You regularly have 14 tabs (or more) open at once for articles and stories you MUST blog on
- Your drafts folder is full of placeholder topic titles with one-liners/single paragraphs and half-complete essays on fairy tale issues so you won't forget to blog on them... (-sigh-)
Now tagging... HEIDI at SurLaLune!
Fairy tale bloggers' confessions so far (updated as they appear...):
- Tales of Faerie - Kristin
- Once Upon A Blog - Gypsy (see above)
- SurLaLune - Heidi
- Fairy Tale Fandom - Adam
- Diamonds & Toads/Timeless Tales Magazine - Tahlia
- Enchanted Conversation - Kate
- Twice Upon A Time - Kristina
- Australian Fairy Tale Society - Reilly (co-founder)
- Spinning Straw Into Gold - Christie
- The Dark Forest - Megan
- Something To Read For the Train - Cate
- Fairy Tale Factory - Amy has been tagged...
What is this? From Kristin, of Tales of Faerie:After having a fairy tale blog for years, it really starts to bleed into the rest of your life. Gypsy from Once Upon a Blog and I have been enjoying sharing some of these unique results of our bloggerhood and thought some of you might also have some funny and interesting things to share as well!