Monday, March 2, 2015

Ask Baba Yaga: How Can I Avoid Drama?

Baba Yaga by Vania Zouravliov
Oh yes. I need to hear some advice on this one too please Baba Yaga.

Today's timely question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)


The way one enjoys their tea can be so telling. Too bitter, too sweet - I'm picky, I know. Perhaps that's why my circle of true confidantes is so small. I'm known as a coffee connoisseur but I can enjoy a cup of tea too if I can take some time with it (tea always feels like it needs ceremony, even a small one, to me). It just needs to be good for me not to be left with an nasty after-taste. I guess this tells me I should be looking at the tea leaf tales left in a cup I make; one of my own choosing, rather than a random cup thrust at me. Baba Yaga seems to suggest having your own brew bubbling at the ready, just in case. That sounds like some sensible, practical advice I can actually follow. Snow Monkey Plum anyone?

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment