Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ask Baba Yaga: How Can I Be Myself In a Place That I Hate?

Baba Yaga, Ivachko and the Bears - Artist Unknown
For a dancer I know whose feet are currently frozen in place and for another dear friend who is far, far from home. You both know who you are. Sending courage from my heart to yours and a little support from one whose home has feet of its own...

Today's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)


You can survive this and your stories will be fierce. And free. And strong. (And I'm saving a bottle of bubbly especially for that phone call I get when you both let me know you are finally Home.)

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment