Monday, March 9, 2015

Save Daylight: Reward Offered

Goldilocks by Scott Gustafson
Due to it being one of my most detested times of year (the start of daylight savings and back-to-work-after-even-less-sleep-than-usual-day), I thought to cheer myself up, I should hold a contest.
So here you go:
Save daylight during Daylight Savings Time! 
The rules are simple: 

Beginning with the first day of Daylight Savings Time, those entering the contest must begin saving daylight. Those who save the most daylight by midnight of the last day of Daylight Savings Time will be awarded a prize. 

Only pure daylight is allowed. No pre-dawn light or twilight will be accepted. Daylight on cloudy days is allowable. Moonlight is strictly prohibited and any of it mixed with daylight will bring immediate disqualification. 

Contestants are instructed to save their accumulated daylight in any container they wish, then bring the container to the Once Upon A Blog office at the end of DST — or when they think they have saved enough daylight to win. 

All entries will be donated to less fortunate nations that do not observe Daylight Savings Time.
*Original contest held via the ElDorado Journal. I do not take credit for this genius.

1 comment:

  1. precious idea!

    I hate DST also.

    the sun rises. it is over-head. it begins to go down in the west. it sets. what real need have we, for setting-the-time? -sigh-

    I know. I know. the modern world would stop in its tracks, without clocks, clocks, clocks. and without people being slaves to these clocks, clocks, clocks. -sigh-

    being "olden", I have the luxury of not paying any attention to clocks. other than for an appointment, etc. day by day, I can simply live with "the old ways"... the sun will tell me the time. my body will tell me, when it needs to rest, to eat, to move. -happy sigh-

    one of the perks of being "olden"... :-)

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete