Monday, April 13, 2015

"The Tale Of Tales" Gets A Trailer!

First image from Matteo Garrone's "The Tale of Tales"
And it's quite stunning and shows the film will have elements of 'the fantastic' as well.

If you're a regular reader you know I've been excited about this film ever since it was announced, so  I couldn't wait to share the trailer with you.

Although the film was made in English, it's a big deal for Italy to see this get made so its no surprise the trailer first aired on Italian TV and will premiere there first. The only real problem with this teaser preview via Italian media is, it's not your typical trailer as we've come to expect them: no title, no announcement of when it premieres, etc and it looks sort of cut off at the end.
And, OH YEAH, there's a really prominent Italian voiceover, talking over the whole thing! Ugh. I will forgive him his enthusiasm though, because it is pretty great.

Despite the sound, it's a great preview of what's to come. (Don't be put off by the trailer screen image - remember it's Basile.)
Featuring a great array of ensemble talent including Salma Hayek, Vincent Cassel, John C. Reilly, Toby Jones, Stacy Martin, Alba Rohrwacherand Massimo Ceccherini, the film is a loose screen adaptation of the fairy tales by Italian poet Giambattista Basile.  
"The Tale Of Tales" opens in Italy on May 14th. (source)
By the way, this fairy tale film, in case you had any doubts: definitely not for kids.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited! I heard it will only feature 3 of those 50 wonderful tales so I'm a bit sad (I expected 5-6!). I see the film will tell "The flea" and "The flayed old woman" but I would have loved to see some ancient versions of known tales such as "Cat Cinderella" or "Sun, Moon and Thalia"

    ReplyDelete